Friday, November 4, 2011

I'll get by

It was -20F this morning and I got a flat tire halfway to work.




On the way home, I got a second flat tire. I rode the flat home 5 miles and arrived in pitch darkness angry and sweaty.


Shortly after I got home I cracked a tooth.


I was freaking out. Because Joe is 400 miles away, I left messages with Simon and Donie for dentist recommendations. While waiting for their calls I called Diane for support.

Diane made me laugh and told me about her adventures at UC Davis. She told me she has had problems with her teeth all her life. You wouldn't know it because she is always smiling and laughing.

While I was on the phone with Di, Simon stopped by and gave me a dentist recommendation.

Then Donie called and gave me two more.


While all this was going on, I somehow had the brilliant idea of drinking my first beer through a straw.


If none of the other things happen to you, I still highly recommend this.

1 comment:

  1. My sister knows she can always call me but I guess Diane Walsh is her new sister.

    ReplyDelete